A program for obtaining information about domains, hostnames and ip addresses - Windows Shareware $39.
SmartWhois is a useful network information utility that allows you to find out all available information about an IP address, host name, or domain, including country, state or province, city, name of the network provider, administrator and technical support contact information. SmartWhois can be configured to work from behind a firewall by using HTTP/HTTPS proxy servers. Different SOCKS versions are also supported.
Unlike standard Whois utilities, SmartWhois can find the information about a computer located in any part of the world, intelligently querying the right database and delivering all the related records within a few seconds.
SmartWhois 4.3 24-Sep-07 Multilingual 3.4 MB
The program can retrieve information from more than 60 servers all over the world.
SmartWhois can save obtained information to an archive file. Users can load this archive the next time the program is launched and add more information to it. This feature allows you to build and maintain your own database of IP addresses and host names. The obtained records may also be saved in one of the several formats: HTML, text, XML, and XLS. Another useful feature in SmartWhois is the ability to load a list of IP addresses as a text file and processing it.
SmartWhois is capable of caching query results, which reduces the time needed to query an address; if the information is in the cache file it is immediately displayed and no connections to the whois servers are required.
|Query Information Domain Hostname. Address Utility Program Obtaining Ip Advanced.|| SmartWhois|
- Shareware Download from Andrew Riedel
- Win2000, WinXP, Win2003, WinVista
- Expires after 30 program starts
- Install and Uninstall
- Major Update
- Changes since the last release: Displays Google Page Rank and Alexa Traffic Rank information * Text on the clipboard queries * Hotkeys * Windows Explorer integration * Parsing modules and IP allocation map have been updated * New domains supported * A few other improvements *
- Requirements: Pentium II CPU, 32 MB RAM, 5MB disk space