A program for obtaining geographic location by IP address - Windows Shareware $29.
CountryWhois is a utility for identifying the geographic location of an IP address. CountryWhois can be used to analyze server logs, check e-mail address headers, identify online credit card fraud, or in any other instance where you need to quickly and accurately determine the country of origin by IP address.
CountryWhois 2.0 15-Jan-08 Multilingual 2.4 MB
What makes CountryWhois different from similar tools is its very high accuracy (over 98%), unprecedented speed of processing (a 100 MB log file is processed within one second), regular updates that keep the ever-changing IP address database up-to-date, an array of supported import and export formats, command-line mode, and a convenient interface.
CountryWhois was built on the renowned SmartWhois technology developed by TamoSoft since 1997. While CountryWhois is similar to SmartWhois in some respects, it is focused exclusively on IP-to-country identification and doesn't need to contact external Whois servers.
|Ip Address Location. Program Obtaining Geographic Utility.|| CountryWhois|
- Shareware Download from Andrew Riedel
- Win2000, WinXP, Win2003, WinVista
- Expires after 30 program starts
- Install and Uninstall
- Major Update
- Changes since the last release: Statistics can be broken down by continent * A new tool that displays all IP ranges for the given country * Faster hostname resolving by using multiple threads * Can perform queries for the text on the clipboard and in other application windows * Console version of the program * Other improvements
- Requirements: Pentium II CPU, 32 MB RAM, 5MB disk space