Audio recorder for streaming audio from Real Player or Windows Media Player - Windows Shareware $17.95.
Total Recorder records streaming audio from Real Player or Windows Media Player, mic input, line-in input, DVDs, CDs, and other sound card sources. The resulting sound files can be stored on your hard drive in WAVE format (plain or compressed), WMA or MP3 format and, if needed, is ready to be put on CD-R.
The main features of Total Recorder include:
1) Record sound being played by other computer programs (e.g. RealPlayer, Windows Media Player, Quick Time, WinAmp) including live Internet broadcasts. This feature is unique to Total Recorder and is not available in the vast majority of other sound recording programs;
2) Convert different sound formats to WAVE format (plain or compressed) or MP3 format, providing you have a player capable of playing a particular format;
3) Record Internet Telephony conversations - even full duplex;
4) Record from any sound card input line.
Total Recorder Standard 6.1 6-Dec-06 English 0 KB
For example, you can record from CD or you can hook up a cassette player and record from it;
5) "Pre-Record" facility;
6) A built-in scheduler lets you schedule future recordings and playbacks. Or you can use Total Recorders command line options with an external scheduler such as Microsoft Task Scheduler.
1) Convert your old sound files (e.g. AU files) to WAVE format and then compress them to a modern format, such as MP3 or RA. Or you can record them to your CD-R;
2) Record sound from your favorite game program;
3) Schedule the recording of a live Internet show and replay it later at a convenient time, similar to programming your VCR;
4) Make an audio book using a text-to-speech program.
How it Works
Total Recorder uses a virtual sound driver to capture the sound output from another program. By installing this driver, and setting this device as the default, different sound reproducing programs send their output stream to Total Recorder's driver and not to the driver of a real device. Total Recorder then passes.
|Sound Streaming Audio Convert Wave MP3 Music. Program Capture Multimedia Player Utilities Playback Microphone CD LP DVD Tape.|| Total Recorder Standard Edition|
- Shareware Download from High Criteria Inc.
- Win95, Win98, WinME, WinNT 3.x, WinNT 4.x, WinXP, Win2000
- Expiration: If the program is unregistered, then every 60 seconds, the program will add a loud noise to the recording.
- Install and Uninstall
- Minor Update
- Changes since the last release: Now supports playlists in M3U, PLS, and WPL format, and a scheduled job can be started while your computer is in standby or hibernate mode.
- Requirements: Minimum 8MB RAM, 1MB Disk Space, Sound Card