IP traffic statistics and bandwidth usage reporting cut by host and service - Linux Freeware.
The MZL & Novatech Traffic Statistics Linux Server is intended to run in servers in intranet or on a gateway and allows to view the Linux servers network usage information on Windows workstations as HTML reports. It reads IP packet from libpcap and allows users of the free Windows client to see the amount of bandwidth consumed as an icon in the system tray.
The user is able to see which hosts, services or ports were the top traffic consumers. MZL & Novatech TrafficStatistic works on IP packet level, therefore the user gets reports on all the traffic, regardless wether this traffic was made by a browser, a filesharing software or a secure connection.
MZL & Novatech Traffic 18.104.22.168 30-Jun-04 English 2.3 MB
It contains an editor for specification of local addresses and ports to be captured or not captured. This allows to capture traffic to a proxy or VPN but exclude the rest of local traffic.
MZL & Novatech TrafficStatistic can be useful for many diffrent people:
- broadband (like DSL or cable) users with a volume metered (bandwidth limited) charge plan have always an eye on the currently accumulated consumed traffic.
- internet users with a flatrate can see whether a cheaper metered charge plan might be appropriate for their consumption habbits
- internet users are able to see, which services cause the most traffic
- internet users are able to see, how much traffic was consumed with their top target hosts
- operators of dedicated servers in a bandwidth metered charge plan get up-to-date statistics
- network operators can see bandwidth consumption cut by host and service of all machines in the local net
MZL & Novatech TrafficStatistic contains an IP detail record (IPDR) generator developed on basis of ACE. MZL & Novatech TrafficStatistic has be installed with administrator privilegues.
It is distributed as binaries for Linux with lib_c like Redhat 9, Suse 9 or Debian Sarge. The Traffic Statistics Windows client is needed to configure the Linux Server.
|Bandwidth Monitoring Usage Online IP IPDR Collector Broadband. Volume Report Connection DSL Cable Tariff Gateway Network Packets Analysis Cut Host Service.|| MZL & Novatech Traffic Statistics Linux Server|
- Freeware Download from MZL Novatech
- Install and Uninstall
- New Release
- Changes since the last release: New Release
- Requirements: libc >= 2.3.2, libpcap >= 0.72, Freeware TrafficStatistic client for Windows