Db4o (database for objects) is the open source object database (Java and .NET) - Multi-OS Freeware.
db4o (database for objects) is the open source object database, native to Java and .NET.
Free software, available under the GPL and under a commercial license.
Ideal for embedded use, e.g., in software running on mobile or medical devices, in packaged software, and for real-time systems.
- The One-Line-of-Code-Database (One line of code stores any object; Class model = object schema; Smooth production process)
- Embeddable (Zero administration; Automatic schema versioning; 400 KB footprint)
- Multiple platform support (Native to Java and .
db4o 5.5 15-Aug-06 English 391 KB
NET; Mobile, PCs and servers; Runs cross-platform)
- Brings more OO to the database (Object-oriented replication; Native Queries; ObjectManager browser)
- Slashes 90% of cost to develop persistence
- 10% faster to market with your application
- Runs up to 44x faster than conventional systems
- Deployable in large volumes without local administration
- Build lean and truly object-oriented software
- Build distributed, fully synchronized data architectures
- Fewer errors, better refactorability and software longevity
|Database Objects OO DotNet Csharp Mono CLI CLR Java JDK. JDO JDBC Opensource Native Wireless Mobile Embedded EPOC OODB ODBMS Persistent Query Transparent Store Indexed Fast Schema GPL.|| db4o|
- Freeware Download from Eric Falsken
- Win 3.1x, Win95, Win98, WinME, WinNT 3.x, WinNT 4.x, Win2000, WinXP, Win2003, Unix, Linux, MS-DOS, AS/400, OS/2, OS/2 Warp, OS/2 Warp 4, MAC 68k, Mac PPC, Mac OS X, Mac Other, Win CE, Pocket PC, Win Mobile 2003, RIM, Symbian, Handheld/Mobile Other, OpenVMS, Netware, BEOS
- Install and Uninstall
- New Release
- Changes since the last release: Free software license (GPL)
- Requirements: Java VM or .NET